Ameena is our Muslim friend. She stands 12.8 inches tall, is lightweight, and made with a variety of soft and snuggly materials like Jersey Knit fabric. And bonus – she’s easy to spot clean. Her arms, legs, and tush are sown together in a way that makes her fun and easy for little hands to hold. Plus she can sit upright by your side. Ameena wears the color green, as green has a number of traditional associations and meanings in Islam. In each doll’s clothing print, you can find a nod to the olive branch which is a universal symbol of “peace” and part of the Selma’s Dolls logo. The Ameena doll also comes with the illustrated storybook, “First Day of School,” a magical story where a little girl named Selma – the inspiration behind Selma’s Dolls – overcomes her first day of school fears through the help of her new friends who happen to look very different from her. The book also includes conversation starters to help parents talk with their children about how everyone’s differences are beautiful.
About this item
- Dolls represent culture, religion, and special needs (Mexican-American, Muslim, Down syndrome). Each doll is sold separately with a book, “Selma’s First Day of School.”
- Dolls are 12 inches tall and made of soft jersey knit fabric – perfect for young kids (ages 2 and up) or kids with younger siblings
- Each doll comes with the same magical storybook, “Selma’s First Day of School” as well as fun facts so parents can talk to their kids about differences more easily
- Dolls can be spot cleaned
- Each doll’s dress is special and unique to her as colors and prints reflect important aspects of each doll’s background. The olive branch – a symbol of peace and friendship and part of the Selma’s Dolls logo – is incorporated into each dress pattern